Saturday, May 5 at 11 AM - 6 PM EDT
1283 Prabhupada Rd
Sandy Ridge, NC 27046
Come to Prabhupada Village on Saturday,
May 5th for a full day of yoga, meditation, music and fun.
FREE for everyone. All are welcome.
- Yoga Sessions with Meghan Prior of Lovestruck Yoga, Winston
- African Drumming class with Kasey Jones of https://www.holorhythm.org/
, Floyd Va.
- Dances of Universal Peace
- Irish Music- Live band from Floyd Va.!
- Kirtan throughout the day
- Bhagavad Gita-The Original Yoga Text
- Cooking Classes- The yoga of eating
- Yoga of the tongue- Mindfulness in speech
- Psychology in Bhagavad Gita- Making friends with your
- Healing with yoga- Reiki, Massage Therapy, Ayurveda,
- Meditation session with Jacob Felder of Winston
- Balance on a Slackline
WHAT TO BRING:
- Yoga mats
- Hiking shoes that are easy to take off for going inside
- Small bills to contribute toward teachers, musicians
and lunch. (let’s make them want to come back for
the next festival)
- Water bottles (well water here is GREAT!)
- Lawn chairs
- Festive, colorful, comfortable clothes. This will be both
indoors and out
- A sun hat
There’s a beautiful spot overlooking Snow Creek, perfect
for quiet meditation and yoga sessions. It’s flat, sandy
and remote, yet convenient.
(Any volunteers for site prep? We’ll need to smooth
things out and put up signs to direct folks down the hill.
We’ll need your help a couple days in advance.)
The sound of the creek water will block out other festival
sounds, making this an ideal setting for Jacob’s meditation
session with his Ghuzen, a Chinese harp.
VOLUNTEERS make this FREE event happen
(if you volunteer, you get in for half price !)
We can use VOLUNTEERS:
In the kitchen
Advertise, get the word out, tell your
Musicians? We can always use more music.
KIDS! Anyone like to work with kids?
Take them on a nature walk, collect a bunch of cardboard
boxes to build with, games, yoga. We’ve got woods,
a creek with rocks to stack and build with, sand, lawn,
hills to roll down…
Donate garden produce or money toward
Bring flowers from your garden
(contact Mitra @ firstname.lastname@example.org)